Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Free Write 9 Spring break

 I had an opportunity to go to Mexico this spring break.  Friday I packed all my gear, got in the car with some of my buddies and we drove to Vegas.  We got there about 11p.m. and went straight to sleep.  The next day we all had to get up at 6 a.m., ate, packed up and drive straight to California..  We got to California near the boarder to cross into Mexico.  We had to have everyone gather at a gas station near the boarder.  Once we gathered together we started to cross the boarder.  It didn't take us very long to cross but once we did crossing, the 13 hour drive seemed like a cake walk.  While in Mexico we drove into the heart of Tijuana and there was a church there with a big fence surrounding it.  We stayed in the church for an entire week while we went out and built houses for people that really needed a house.  This was a really good experience for me.  I came back loving Mexico and wanting to see if I could do more for this world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment